acer aspire e5-521-23kh

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,579 Trailblazer
    Options

What happens if you press continue without inserting anything? The recovery media should be the hidden partition on the hard drive. Unless the partition has somehow been corrupted, the process should  continue to the hidden partition. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• remington550
    remington550 Member Posts: 14 New User
    Options
    It does not have the option to continue. I have to insert the installation or recovery media to continue. Otherwise only other option is to click on cancel.
  • remington550
    remington550 Member Posts: 14 New User
    Options
    I am currently downloading win10 onto my desktop to burn onto disc. Then try that and see if it will install.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,579 Trailblazer
    Options

OK, sounds like the original Win10 installation or *something else* messed with the hidden partition. The other option that I mentioned earlier was getting the Acer Win81 recovery media for your particular machine. It's available from the online Acer store for nominal cost.  Also, if you can get the *right* Microsoft rep at the Microsoft store, you can ***allegedly*** get a pass to download a freebie Win81 installation ISO by providing your machine's SNID or some other ID that confirms the machine was properly licensed to run Win81. Hopefully your Win10 download will reload properly. Let us know what happens. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ