Ram slots in Acer Aspire E5-575G 78SN

Aravind12
Aravind12 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi, I recently bought a acer aspire E5-575g 78SN in Singpaore. it has a 4 GB ram installed. how to check for extra ram slots?

Answers

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Easiest way, pop 3 screws  on bottom that cover ram and hard drive slot- look. If you see a open ram slot guess you can add more.

• Aravind12
    Aravind12 Member Posts: 2 New User

Yes, i had a thought on that. But the laptop is not with me,its with my friend. Someone suggested crucial.com to check for ram slots, but is it reliable?

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Yes and no. Yea, I know that does not help a lot.  What I am noticing with some of these laptops is odd configurations.  The ones with on board ram (not in a slot) make upgrades really hard.  It may have a slot but the onboard is 2gb so you can only add another 2gb or 4gb due to say a 8gb limit but 6gb ram is not available for ddr4 that I know of so it would only get 6gb tops.  Other ones have 2 slot of 2gb and you end up in similar boat of needing a pair.  Then the norm- mine had 2 slots with 1 stick of 8gb, open slot for another 8gb and works great. So seeing they lack a good table on the various sub models I found best to just pop that bottom cover and look. I will say this, it is like mine- E5-575g series (mine is subset- 527J).  Should have 2 slots.  My add in stick was crucial bought at microcenter and I now run 16gb ddr4.