I purchased my laptop from Amazon UK, but it shipped from USA. How do I get an eRecovery disk?

Options
daniwalsh
daniwalsh Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi.

I have an Acer Aspire 571PG laptop. I've had it since 2013 but it failed a reset of Windows 10 and has since not been operational. I am in the UK but my laptop came from the US. How do I obtain an eRecovery disk here in the UK for my US laptop?

Thanks,

Dani

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you can simply downalod and create a windows 10 installation media from Microsoft servers and then download software and drivers (if needed) from Acer support website:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

click on download tool and then follow on screen instructions.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • daniwalsh
    daniwalsh Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have done that already, but that is what failed. I attempted to re-install windows 10 from my bootable USB drive.

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Need more info.  Was reason to install due to hard drive failure? What was the installation error when using a USB flash stick? Kinda hard to assist without more info and just guessing.  The newer systems all have recovery partitions on hard drives usually and you create recovery backup media yourself. (Cost cutting measure) Windows 10 restores via you logging into your Microsoft account (no cd key). Only issues now are hardware changes on reinstalls that Windows server does not like. So give some details on reinstall problems and lets find a few answers.