Acer aspire E5 574 Black Screen Issue Please help

Userdelta
Userdelta Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi there,  I have issue with My acer aspire E5 574   I have purchased  4 month ago So it's new  Product,My OS is Windows 10 64Bit  however when I traying to turn it on I Got the black screen, looks like work for a scond you can heare the fan for a scond and evry thing shutdown after that ,the orange  light work when I put the charger to it   I triad to remove the batterie and hold the power button for 1mn and didn't work I think it's a bios problem!! How I can find Bios for my Pc And install it with usb ? I The only  bios I found Is .exe file from acer website to be sure  I can't login to my windows and install it,  I still have the problem looking for help please I have a lot of work to do Thank you.

Best Answer

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Yea that's bad. What you can check depending how handy you are. This will take a small screw driver and removing bottom from laptop. Check ram firmly seated. Systems will not even post at boot up without it. Check battery by unplugging then firmly plugging back in. Acer laptops rather picky about battery detected even when plugged into wall. Try power up at this point. Good, shut down and reassemble. Bad, remove extras to elimated from equation like hard drive and DVD. Attempt power up again, if ok at this point should see no OS found on screen. Bad, unplug remove  battery to Bios, looks like a oversized coin. Unplug main battery here too. We resetting bios to default here. Give a bit of time for bios to forget then plug in

battery and bios battery. Power up...cross fingers. After this it's repair at factory. 

Edit: also try if you can that CPU is seated good,  there usually 4 screws to heatsink couple on fan. Some are socketed others soldered but if already inside it might as well check it. Overall be careful, any abuse could void your warranty. 

Answers

• Userdelta

Tinkerer

where is your Support 

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

In this case we suggest you try to restore the Windows. When powering your device, if the Acer logo appears, please follow the instruction on the link below with the video explaining step by step how to proceed.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38202/~/windows-10%3A-how-to-restore-windows-on-acer-computers-using-alt-%2B-f10-on-startup#_ga=1.48484645.263337500.1415824428

If the device does not show the Acer logo on start up, try connecting to an external monitor, that way we can eliminate the possibility of being a monitor issue.

Please, let us know if this resolve the issue.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Please see link below for Acer Support in your region.

Acer Middle East and Africa - Authorised Service Partners (ASP)

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/AE/content/service-contact

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Userdelta

Tinkerer

you looks like you didnt read the post yet 

• Trukntigger

Black screen, need to know if external video worked or not. You do not mention if anything shows on display. Any audio cues? You also need to give a few helpful details like status before this happened. I see you said reset battery and note charge light indicator. Does it finish charging? Light turn blue? Could be several things. What was last time it functioned, turn off ok? Sleep mode or hibernate? More info detail you give better chance can guess problem. Sorry if I seem almost rude but like fixing a car, saying it won't go is not much work with.

• Userdelta

Tinkerer

thank you # Trukntigger
    To  better Explain guys ,when I click on power buton I got a sound of wake up I mean you can heare the hardware fan but for a" 2/6 of one second"  and the blue light too you can heare  and saw it but all of this happend very very fast ,pc  looks like its off when I press fn and Esc + Power the blue light keep shining  and the same thing no fan nothing to heare like off pc, this is so bad guys help me .

• Trukntigger
    Answer ✓

Yea that's bad. What you can check depending how handy you are. This will take a small screw driver and removing bottom from laptop. Check ram firmly seated. Systems will not even post at boot up without it. Check battery by unplugging then firmly plugging back in. Acer laptops rather picky about battery detected even when plugged into wall. Try power up at this point. Good, shut down and reassemble. Bad, remove extras to elimated from equation like hard drive and DVD. Attempt power up again, if ok at this point should see no OS found on screen. Bad, unplug remove  battery to Bios, looks like a oversized coin. Unplug main battery here too. We resetting bios to default here. Give a bit of time for bios to forget then plug in

battery and bios battery. Power up...cross fingers. After this it's repair at factory. 

Edit: also try if you can that CPU is seated good,  there usually 4 screws to heatsink couple on fan. Some are socketed others soldered but if already inside it might as well check it. Overall be careful, any abuse could void your warranty. 

• Userdelta

Tinkerer

# Trukntigger
    Thank You so much sir you really a nice guy I appreciate that I will do evry thing you said than I'll add  Updates to this post Thank you for your time.

• Userdelta

Tinkerer

#Trukntigger
    Hi again, guys this is the New Update When I remove ram Chip and turn pc on the pc turned on (not working ofcource ,I mean just hardware wake up )but whithout ram ,thats mean two things that
    maybe the ram Chip or the bridge is dead .
    so What I did I switch ram Chip to the bridge 2 now the pc turn on but take more time than the first time and turn off again I guess its ram problem, thanks god isn't the CPU. I hope This Gonna Help You guys Best luck for you one last thing special thanks to  # Trukntigger .
     I'm Asking Now should I sell this laptop and buy another one?? I dont Wanna this happend again.

• Trukntigger

Without ram installed did screen wake up, by this I mean you could see it at least on functioning?  If so I would buy a replacement ram stick and hopefully resolves issue. Next as to replace whole thing, depends on age and use.  You can salvage parts like hard drive data.  If you buy similar again you would have some spare parts like lcd screen.  All I can say is what ever you do if get another laptop make sure it meets/exceeds your needs. Cheap is great but like buying say a car, won't do any good to get a sub compact then find you want to pull a large trailer.

• Userdelta

Tinkerer

Hi ,No thats Impossible because CPU can not Wake up without ram in there they have to talk all the time to make this  Laptop turning on normaly and the screen looks different, you can see it more darkness than the first time, I mean its on ,you can see that ,problem seloved because of your Knowledge share thanks not enough Sir =) .