Iconia W700 Battery Issue

Mucchan
Mucchan Member Posts: 9 New User

Hi All,

I just received my i3 version of the W700 yesterday and I seem to have an issue with the battery.  I have charged it twice so far and on the second time I noticed it started to trickle charge at around 91% and completely stopped at 93% before jumping to 100%. I got worried and installed battery bar. I then rebooted the device and after reboot both battery bar and Windows's battery indicator indicate that the battery is at 98%, but battery bar says that the battery has a 6.9% wear (~51,650 mWh left out of 55,500 mWh)

I'm rather worried that the battery seems to have a reduction in capacity after just 1 day of usage. Can anyone shed a light on this?

Answers

• Mucchan

Bump. Anyone? I'm getting worried about my battery. It now shows a 7.1% wear after 4 days.

• Happyboy
    Happyboy Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter

I can't comment on the accuracy of "battery bar" but I do know that you have to run these batteries right down and the charge them fully a few times when you first get one. Did u do this?

• wouwout
    wouwout Member Posts: 5 New User

I never charge/discharge fully, these are modern batteries.  

I've installed battery bar as well and have 0% battery wear, this is after three weeks of using my w700. you might have a small battery issue however does it really affect the use of your w700? what's the impact: maybe ten minutes?

If you're bothered by it: send it in and ask for a new one

• Happyboy
    Happyboy Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter

You are correct wouwout, these batteries don't require running down before charging fully again. However, most manufacterers recommend you do this once or twice when you first get them. I believe Acer does - somewhere in their documentation. Since the op is having a problem he should certainly try Acers recommendation before he sends it back.

• Mucchan

Thank you for the suggestions HappyBoy and wouwout. I'll try to fully discharge the battery a couple of times and see how it goes. I've only discharged it to about 5% once.

It does not really affect my use of the W700 so far, but it's concerning that it's showing a 7.1% wear (increased from 6.9%) in less than a week, which also makes me worry about further wear. Since the W700 is supposed to have 7 hours of battery life, that would mean I have lost almost 30 minutes of battery life if the reported wear is accurate.

I also found this thread which describes the same problem that I had when my battery was stuck at 93% charging.

• kevinlly
    kevinlly Member Posts: 1 New User

Hmm... I just bought the Iconia W700 1 week ago and now I have the same problem. After a full charge at night, from zero to 100%, the battery indicator shown 88% on the next morning?

• ptrkhh
    ptrkhh Member Posts: 72 Troubleshooter

Don't worry, my battery shows 4% when I first got the device, and stays at that number till today.

How long the battery life if you are using it 'iPad-like'? (browsing with metro IE, Music app, occasional games like Jetpack Joyride or Angry Birds, and other apps but no desktop apps).

I got around 5-6 hours, and I still count it as normal since most reviews of this tablet states at around 6 hours of constant web browsing (I suppose no multitasking there).

To solve the charging stopped problem, try draining the battery till the device died, and fully charge it afterwards.

This discussion has been closed.