W700 Battery doesn't recharge 100%

Options
girarcat
girarcat Member Posts: 4 New User

hi everyone!

I’ve got a problem with the battery of my brand new W700.

When I plug de AC wire, the battery recharges until 94%. After some minutes showing that the available battery is 94% and saying that it’s still charging, finally it says that the battery is 100%, and stops recharging it anymore. If I unplug the AC wire, in a few seconds the battery indicator goes down to 94%.

Why isn’t the battery fully recharging?

Thanks!

Answers

• girarcat
    Options

Anyone is having the same issue?

• sopaj96
    sopaj96 Member Posts: 154 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Same here but mine goes to 95%
  • cylemmulo
    cylemmulo Member Posts: 54

Tinkerer

Options

I literally came on the board to post about this today

I took mine off the charger today and it was at 95%

Though I had it on sleep mode when I took it off, did you two both have that? I wonder if turned off all the way if it would charge more.

*EDIT* I just restarted my computer and it seems like the tablet battery % went back to normal. It might just be an issue with sleep that isn't recognizing the charge correctly.

• sopaj96
    sopaj96 Member Posts: 154 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I think it is a bug, its not actually 95% but it says so, no well atleast the battert life is good Smiley Happy
  • girarcat
    Options

mine charges up to 94-95%, then stops charging, even if I charge it with the tablet off.

probably it's gonna be just a bug.

Bye!

• LJH08
    LJH08 Member Posts: 50

Tinkerer

Options

One thing to consider is cycling the battery... A full charge / discharge / recharge cycle...  might just need calibrating. 

Many laptops do something similar to that... and thats how you "calibrate" them.... so might be worth trying. 

• girarcat
    Options

i think that was with the old batterys, but with the lithium ones that isn't necessary anymore, they don't have the famous "memory effect"

• LJH08
    LJH08 Member Posts: 50

Tinkerer

Options

it has to do with the battery controller or something.... my macbook is like that and it has a lithium battery....

• fakenoob
    fakenoob Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

i have the same issue. mine charges and when its plugged in its says fully charged and doesn't charge the tablet. when i plug the wire out battery level instantly goes down to 95%. also i monitored battery capacity and full charged capacity through an app. looks like battery capacity is higher than full charged capacity .. look at the screenshot.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • snow755
    snow755 Member Posts: 27 New User
    Options

girarcat wrote:

Anyone is having the same issue?

nop not on mine

• RSDhillon
    RSDhillon Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have the similar issue. Recently got the device. At first it used to sleep at about 23% . After few clicks at the advaced battery settings issue seems to have been fixed. Now it displays a battery level of 100% but when the cable in unplugged, it immediately drops to 91% I am losing lots of battery life

Any solutions yet?

• RSDhillon
    RSDhillon Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

The first time I had the battery charged while the device was shut off, it seemed to have fixed the problem but aftersince, it dosent work anymore. Tried chargin while it was shut down - no difference. Battery still shows 91% after unplugging

• magnumet
    magnumet Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

i am also having the same issue with my w700. The tablet will charge to 91.5% and then will suddenly charge to 100% then as soon as it is unplugged, the battery drops straight back down. Has anyone sent their tablet back to acer and had their battery replaced successfully? I have tried restarting etc and it does not fix the issue

• fulgu
    fulgu Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

hi guys, the battery jus needs recalibrating

this is how I did it: fully charge the tablet (until the power led is blue), switch the tablet off completely and hard-reset it using the reset pinhole found on the bottom of the device, between the speakers

after that, the tablet will show a real 100% charge

hope i'm not wrong and this really fixes the "issue" Smiley Happy

• fakenoob
    fakenoob Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

hard reset deletes ur files?

• fulgu
    fulgu Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

fakenoob, RTFM pls Smiley Happy

the hard-reset using the pinhole is equivalent to taking the battery out and putting in back again. therefore, has no effect on your files. it is a purely hardware operation

hope this helps

This discussion has been closed.