Posts here vanish?

Options
heinz57g
heinz57g Member Posts: 11 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

hi, hope this is not to stupid a question: i signed up here in 2014 and did some posts

that year and in 2015 - i think. it still shows up in my profile as '7 posts' - but nowhere

can i find the actual posts - whereever i search, and whatever links there are.

what am i doing (or thinking) wrong here?

greetings      - heinz -

Comments

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hello heinz57g,

That is actually a very good question. 

In an effort to keep the community current with fresh information, the Acer team will occasionally archive older content which may no longer be relevant. This does not mean that at the time of posting the comments were not valuable, but rather as time passed, the subject matter may have become out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information.

Because of the speed at which technology advances along with the evolution of new products, sometimes once-valuable information is archived to avoid any conflict with newer advice.

Be assured that even if some of your content was archived, we still value your participation in the Acer Community!

I hope that helps in answering your question.

• heinz57g
    Options

phil, tks for your answer, appreciated, but makes sense to a degree only. in all (all !) other forums i participate, all posts stay forever - so you can look up what you said and who answered then. and 2 years isnt really aeons ... new information you can get with the flip of a finger these days, old information is valuable and often difficult to come by.

i have seen though your archive section, which might have been a solution. but even there i cannot find my old posts and the comments. and those of some others i had in the back of my mind, and was looking for.

running out of HDD-space is not really an excuse anymore, these days.

greetings      - heinz -

• Phil-3
    Options

Hello heinz,

I understand your view on the matter and I can assure you it has nothing to do with drive space.  We have plenty of that!

As I mentioned previously the idea is to keep relevant and accurate information easily accessible to our members.  However, I will be happy to look into your earlier posts and get back to you.

Sound like a plan?

• heinz57g
    Options

phil, its your forum, and you set the rules - i can live with it if it has to be.

a clearer note to forum users might be a good idea, as to what happens to their post after xxx days. most of us (and i am sure of that) do not anticipate vanishing entries. neither 'relevant' nor 'accurate' has anything to do with age - not even in computer terms.

no need to get my posts back - they were not really important. i was anyhow more thinking of the many people here that post frequently, with valueable ideas and tips, and their fundus of knowledge. all gone.

greetings         - heinz -

• Phil-3
    Options

Allow me to clarify.  Not every topic is archived. But when archiving is required, it is not an automated process based upon a pre-determined time period. Potential archive topics are each manually reviewed by the Acer staff before they are moved.

Just as an advisory, since this is the Welcome area for new members to introduce themselves, I will be moving this thread to the Members Lounge because the subject matter deals with the community platform.

Thanks!