Just bought the acer predator 17 g9 793 (new), and it was the best decision of my life.

tal
tal Member Posts: 18 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Thank you acer im very excited having had the doubt between the g752vs and predator 17 i choose the predator, and from a week till now, everything is smooth, amazing gameplay, fast, gorgeous laptop, thank you very much!

Greetings.

a question btw how can i lower the temps if i wish? (not that it is hot) but futurely how like should i repaste the cpu/gpu, alone or bring it to a acer support tech?

Answers

• vorob
    vorob Member Posts: 149 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon

You can do this easily by yourself, check this guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVEpuZNWLxw

And still what temperatures you have on cpu if you run some benches like OCCT / LinX / Prime? 

• eBaCmYuJ
    eBaCmYuJ Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

have you moitored your temps during torture tests? Or bench marks?

• tal

had to comback ive made some tests and recently it has been increasing in heat.,

my temps for a game like doom are between 50/66 Celsius which is under heavy load but even games that require internet connection mostly are getting really the fans noisy and kinda high temps, what do you suggest?

• eBaCmYuJ
    eBaCmYuJ Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

So you're saying the CPU is 50c and the GPU is 66c under heavy load? Cause if that is the case then I don't see a problem. You can redo the thermo past and that should help a lot I think cause they probably use crappy paste. As far as the fans go they are supposed to ramp up at a certain tempertarue. I don't know for sure cause I run them at max when gaming. 

• tal

its actually my cpu which reaches 66 degrees celsius..

but thanks for the info i guess i can lower them by undervolting too right