Acer Aspire V5-552P-X617 running slow

tryturningitoff
tryturningitoff Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello, my Acer Aspire V5-552P-X617 is running really slow. It has been this day from day 1 since I ordered it. It has 6gb of memory and I don't have a lot on it (almost completely stock acer windows 10). I have attempted Monitoring through task manager but nothing appears out of the normal that would be causing it to be sluggish during normal operation. Although when gaming it moves really good. Any ideas?

Answers

• Hi,

If you have the McAffe trial version installed, uninstall it, don't worry about the security, you will be immediately protected by Windows Defender, if you want another AV program you can install latter on, go to task manager, disable unnecessary programs in Start Up tab. Replacing HDD with a SSD also will improve the performance if you already haven't done so.

• tryturningitoff
    Thank you for your quick response. I uninstalled Mcafee and installed avg. I also tried changing the paging file to system managed and disabled unnecessary startup items. When trying to do simple tasks like opening a web browser or word doc it seems to take a while to load and open (like 2 full minutes) but during gaming no issues. I have wondered if a bios update might be the fix, but trying to learn more about how find the correct bios update. I haven't tried a new SSD yet, I feel like it maybe more processor or possibly motherboard hardware related but it's an AMD A10 and game play is phenomenal so that doesn't make sense to me either. Do you know of anything else that might a potential fix? Thank you for your help!
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Ops

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • tryturningitoff
    Thank you for posting but I think you may have meant to post in another topic, as I am running windows 10. No worries.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

tryturningitoff wrote:
    Thank you for posting but I think you may have meant to post in another topic, as I am running windows 10. No worries.

ahhaha yeah, sorry Smiley Very Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Hi,

Sorry for being late, have you checked for any virus? If you haven't, scan it with Malwarebytes, you can also run sfc /scannow command to check for any damaged files:http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/verify-the-integrity-of-windows-vista-system-files/