New Laptop Not Working

HelloThere
HelloThere Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hello all,

Today my new acer laptop came.
The model is the F17.

So straight out the box i began having problems, twice during initial set up the screen went blank, keys still lit up however when I pressed a key as was the blue light at the front still on. I would hold down the power button, press the power button again and the laptop would start up again and I'd resume what I was doing.

I ended up being able to set the laptop up to get to the desktop, where it would continue to have the same problem a further few times. I went to Microsoft edge to download avast and chrome. I think about 3 times randomly the same issue kept happening. As before the screen would blank, I'd press a key the keyboard would light up, I'd hold down the power button after no response then power it back up and carry on.

I thought maybe something is over heating so downloaded a programme to check, to which showed all was normal.

After that I downloaded the latest windows 10 updates which did seem to help, however in the end the issue kept happening.

After that I restored the laptop to factory settings. And still the problem persists.

All in all I've probably used the laptop for about 3 hours trying to fix it/browse the internet to find a solution, and in this time the issue has happened about 30 times.

I have tried plugging the power cable in/ unplugging it and neither seemed to help.

Really am clueless and wondered if anyone had a solution to this problem, if not will call in opening hours and see what can be done.

Thanks for your time

Answers