Can no longer connect to WiFi on my Acer R7-572

RMansfield
RMansfield Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I don't use this laptop as often anymore and the WiFi was working fine when I last used it in November. Now it won't connect to my home WiFi. It sees my home WiFi (and that of my neighbors), but when it tries to connect, it will say "No internet, secured." WiFi has always been fickle on this laptop, but I've never had it just not connect. I've got dozens of devices connected to the WiFi router (an Apple Airport). I restarted the router but it didn't help. The Acer won't even connect to a hotspot from my iPhone, which it has always connected to in the past. 

If anyone has any solution, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, are there any options for replacing the WiFi unit in the laptop? 

Answers

• RMansfield
    RMansfield Member Posts: 6 New User

Nevermind. I found another message on the forums that suggested reinstalling the WiFi driver. That worked! It's connecting again just fine now. 

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

I use a third party program called inSSIDer (are others) to get an in depth analysis of the WiFi signals in an area. This kind of knowlege is essential when two are walking on each other. Sometimes just changing the channel on your router can resolve issues.