Acer Aspire R - 15 The power switch will not work.

Options
pungulati
pungulati Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Towards the middle of last year I bought Acer R-15 from Best buy for my son who was going to Undergraduate school as I was impressed with the reviews on teh Laptop and I thought it would serve him well for Mechanical Engineering undergard course.

The power switch to the Laptop recently stopped working.   The Laptop will not turn on.   Brought it to Geek Squad technicians and they said that the power swich is not working nad they will not be able to repair it in store and it has to be sent out and would take 3/4 weeks before they wil get it back.   My son thinks it is a simple relacement of the switch which is connected thru a small I/O board.  As teh new semester has started, he cannot afford to be out of Laptop as he has projects and other work.   I have been searching for the part but am not abl et ofind it.    The LAptop has a MFG date of 06/12/2916 and has SNID of ***   with SNo NXGCFA0016***.

My son said he shoudl be able to swap the switch If we can find one.   i am not sure how quickly to get one.   The choice of sending the LAptop back to Acer to get it repaired under warranty will take too long.   I am not sure how to get the needed part,  Any help or suggestion are really appreciated.

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

[edited for privacy - THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM - please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,051 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

I think you made a mistake about the serial number. Your son owns an Aspire R5-571TG-78G6 (NXGCFAA001.. instead of NXGCFA0016...). In this case, the best solution is to replace the full I/O board (inexpensive).

Here is the part needed:

Spoiler
    55.GCCN5.001BOARD.I/O (power button soldered on this one)
    You can buy this part from this reseller.
    France