RECOVERY error code “0xc0000034"

Jerrygt15
Jerrygt15 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hello, I have a laptop Acer E5 553G Laptop with WINDOWS 10 and it was working fine in the morning, but then I shut it down, came back a little while, turn it on and there is this blue screen pop up that have this msgs:

"Recovery

Your PC needs to be repaired

The Boot Configuration Data File is missing some required information.
File: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD
Error code: 0xc0000034

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you don't have any installation
media (like a disc or usb device), contact your system administrator or pc/device manufacturer.

Press ESC fpr UEFI Fireware settings"

Please help.

Thanks,

Jerry

Acer E5 553g Boot error.jpg

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

First of all try to check if ALT+F10 at boot take you to windows 10 recovery and you can reach command prompt from there:
    troubleshoot-advanced options- command prompt (if this works, go to point 4, if not point 1)

1. create a vanilla Windows 10 installation media from this link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

2. Once you boot using the Windows installation disc, on the Windows 10 installation window, click on Repair your computer.

3. Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options. First thing you may try is the Automatic Repair.

4. If that does not help, then select Command Prompt. Enter the following four commands into the prompt.
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /scanos
    bootrec /rebuildbcd
    Once the command completes, restart the computer.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

First of all try to check if ALT+F10 at boot take you to windows 10 recovery and you can reach command prompt from there:
    troubleshoot-advanced options- command prompt (if this works, go to point 4, if not point 1)

1. create a vanilla Windows 10 installation media from this link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

2. Once you boot using the Windows installation disc, on the Windows 10 installation window, click on Repair your computer.

3. Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options. First thing you may try is the Automatic Repair.

4. If that does not help, then select Command Prompt. Enter the following four commands into the prompt.
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /scanos
    bootrec /rebuildbcd
    Once the command completes, restart the computer.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Loisxb
    Loisxb Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello I have this problem right now and i don't know how to enter the code and make it work could you help me please??
  • Loisxb
    Loisxb Member Posts: 2 New User
    And I don't know what is the first step should I install windows 10 on a key USB or what??
  • jvc85
    jvc85 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I've tried this but I get error "Acces denied" on bootrec /fixboot command, is there anything else I can do?

• Jugnu100
    Jugnu100 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi,
    I have Acer Aspire S7 notebook with Windows 8.1. Since yesterday I keep getting this blue screen message:
    Recovery
    Your PC needs to be repaired.
    The Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information.
    File:\BCD
    Error code: 0xc0000034
    I have read previous solutions and apparently tried everything. Whichever way I start the computer, the same message pops up.
    I have downloaded bootable Windows 8.1 on my USB flash drive but that has not helped.
    Can someone please advise the solution?
    P.S. I am not a techie :(