Red789 Member Posts: 12 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Windows 10 Home, 64-bit

15.6 FHD display

Intel 520 graphics

External display

Dell U2417H

HDMI interface

When I use the display control panel to extend the laptop display to the exernal monitor, both displays are enabled but they are set to a partial size, not full screen.  When I disable the extended display and select only the external display (laptop screen off), the external screen is the correct full screen size.  Any clue why I cannot run both displays at full real estate size?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

have you tried to set the screen resolution on Intel graphic settings or it's locked?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Red789
    Options

Intel graphics settings for full screen, center, etc., have no effect.

Laptop desktop top background is shifted all the way to the right.

External monitor has image shifted all the way to the left.

Only way to get centered desktop background image is to run with one display (laptop or external) only.

• IronFly
    Options

can you report the Intel drivers version?

• Red789
    Options

Well, I might have been able to find the driver version with an earlier version of Windows, but gave up quickly in Windows 10.

Good news, though, the problem was the desktop image I use, a very wide photo.  It works fine with both of my U2417H monitors when driven by an HP desktop or a Dell laptop, but I only have one compatible port on this Acer laptop (HDMI).  The laptop had decided to change my desktop settings for this image to an almost panoramic view, which spread the image across both screens but not end to end.  Setting both displays to Maintain Display Scaling fixed the issue.  Funny thing is I never did find a panoramic setting to disable (or activate).  Anyway, can use the laptop display and the monitor now, so have a bit more screen area.

• Red789
    Options

........and I changed to a more standard size desktop photo, forgot to mention that.

• IronFly
    Options

glad you fixed.