Registration difficulty...

Options
Yolanda_G
Yolanda_G Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi, recently bought an acer aspire s13 and having problems registering my laptop. Once i received the first registration pop-up, i made an acer account and registered my device on the website (by entering the serial number and date of purchase). I thought this was it but today received another pop-up from acer portal saying device is not registered? I clicked down the bottom where it says "Register this device (laptop name) and receive......." where it asked me to put in a password - i put in my acer id password but it says "This device has not been registered" - i have tried putting my password in a couple of times but to no avail. Am i doing something wrong? Why is my product not registered when i thought i already registered it by filling out the serial number and date of purchase online? - Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• DoraWang
    DoraWang Member Posts: 15 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Yolanda_G,

For the message that your Acer device is not registered, it is confirmed as an issue. The relevant department is in processing it. Sorry for any inconvenience.

If you have any questions about using abApps (included Acer Portal), please send feedback by the Online Help. Thank you.

http://support.cloud.acer.com/ENG/Home/Index/10?FaqDID=2005005-Win-ENG

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Note: the last time I registered a device, the entries were case sensitive.

• Yolanda_G
    Yolanda_G Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hi, thank you for that. I received the notification again and this time the registration worked. Also, i have deleted a couple of teh Acer BYOC apps because my laptop was running slow. Now i keep receiving a notification that Acer apps are missing from my laptop and that i shoudl reinstall them. Is it necessary to have these apps/programs on my laptop? Thank you.

• DoraWang
    DoraWang Member Posts: 15 New User
    Options

Hi Yolanda_G,

Acer BYOC Apps can be uninstalled on Windows successfully. Only if you uninstall [AOP Framework] with any of abApps[Acer Portal/abFiles/abMusic/abPhoto/abDocs] installed, the message "Acer BYOC Components are missing from your system. Please reinstall abApp." will be prompted when you open abApps

So if there is still any abApp you want to preserve, I suggest you can reinstall another abApp again and then uninstall it without uninstalling [AOP Framework]. That is, you need to install [AOP Framework].

Hope it will help you!

Acer BYOC Apps Support