Acer E5-532 rebuilding after disk crashed, can't find drivers

Options
zrnaqvi
zrnaqvi Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have an Acer E5-532 (model #N15Q1) the hard disk on the laptop crashed. So I got a new hard disk and I am trying to reinstall everything. I don't have the original install media and I am installing drivers one at a time. I got windows installed and most of the other things working, but the default microsoft drivers for the touchpad and the wireless adapter do not work. I found the Acer driver download site http://acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers and went through it to find drivers for this model E5-532 but the website gives me 4 different models of the wireless adapter. How do I know which one is mine. Since I am doing a new install I can't expect the device manager to show me the correct device info because that's picked up from the driver, which I don't have. So how do I know which touch pad and wireless driver applies to my laptop.

Answers

• zrnaqvi
    Options

Got the wirelss adapter to work. Turns out it has an Atheros adapter. Still stuck on the TouchPad.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

try this:

windows logo key + r

type

msinfo32

click on Components/Inputs - pointing devices

check if hardware types give you the model or copy and past the PNP device ID on google and check if it's able to find which vendo is it.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • zrnaqvi
    Options

It's a synaptics HID compliant mouse, I suppose the touch pad. The USB mouse works fine.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yep, it's the touchpad.
    I'm not an Acer employee.