Z271 strange issue with 144hz

Options
revan
revan Member Posts: 7 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives

Hi,
i have a strange problem with 144hz on my predator z271.
Mormally everything looks ok, but in some cases example in fifa 17 or Shadow Warrior panel becomes blue and stays in this state (restart doesn't help).
please see attached screen.IMG_20161221_183330.jpg
The only one solution is unplug and replug monitor's power cord...
It's really strange. On 60/85/100/120hz everything seems ok. Problem occurs only on 144hz and while playing specific games.

Maybe it's problem with drivers and g-sync but why i have to unplug power cord to fix this.
I'm looking for solution.

My rig
i7-4770K and Asus strix advanced gtx1080

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options

Try the troubleshooting suggestions below to see if they resolve your monitor issue.

Check to make sure the AC adapter and power cable are properly connected.

Bypass any surge protector and use a wall outlet that you know is working.

Power reset the monitor by removing power from the monitor and pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds. Reconnect the monitor and power it on.

If your monitor has an internal battery, unplug the monitor and press the battery reset pinhole near the power port on the monitor.

Let us know if you still experience the issue.

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Alucard
    Alucard Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Hello Mate,
    Did you solved this problem?
    Lately my z271 start to experience that same blue leakage.
    It happends in csgo, bf1, ow.
    The only thing that helps is unplug the power cord.
    But in bf1 that same thing happends to me 5 times during one hour of game.
    My previous acer xb240h worked fine in this games on that same graphic card (gtx1070).
    To be precise the only thing that i changed was monitor so its not software or other hw related.
    Acer team this monitor costs a lot of money what should I do?
  • Ofai
    Ofai Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I am also having same issue when the monitor is in 144hz mode. This dosnt happen when set at 120hz. Tried 2 different DP cables and both produce same results from different ports on the 1080gtx.

GTA 5.JPGwrc 6.JPGDesktop.JPG

• Alucard
    Options

So there is another user on reddit with that same problem:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/5ob7t0/acer_predator_z271_pixel_problems/

It starts to look like global problem with this model so ACER should check this out.

• kobbybest
    kobbybest Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Hello, i'm french, i have buy three Z271 for nvidia surround (1650 euros same as dollar)  and two of my monitor have this problem only at 144hz, it's unacceptable.

Manufacture date of monitor  : SEPTEMBER 2016

Please ACER, how resolve this, firmware for monitor, anything ?

• kobbybest
    Options

Another post of another user

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18765075

Same problem, it's a global problem...

• revan
    Options

Problem still exists, maybe it's problem on the line pascal <-> G-sync module. It's hard to believe because i've not noticed a similar problem on other models with g-sync. On 60hz-120hz everything works ok. Some games works great on 144hz e.g Overwatch,Dirt Rally CS:GO,GTA V, others not [Fifa 17, shadow warrior, Batman arkham knight] I've tried different cables, drivers, hard reset, change overdrive settings. Nothing helps. I've seen someone has same problem in GTA 5 and Dirt Rally Man Frustrated so it must be a hardware issue.

• Alucard
    Options

Hello,

I've made some test yesterday and I noticed interesting thing. I set BF1 to use FHD resolution @120Hz (119... in BF1 setting) and Z271 still showed 144Hz but no more blue leakage occured.

I think that it showed bad Hz value but in 120Hz mode problem does not occur and this is similar to other users test.

In my case BF1 is a game that gives mi fastest an most consistent test results cos in 144Hz mode problem with blue leakage happends after 5-10 minutes of gaming.

I also noticed this problem in CSGO when I'm playing in FHD@144Hz (fps_max set to 145) so thats interesting that Revan's monitor works fine in CSGO.

Of course in CSGO problem occurrence is rare but sometimes it happends.

What i tried so far:

1) Diffrent monitors in that same environment (XB240HA worked fine)

2) Different os (reinstalled Win10)

3) Different drivers (i think that was 4 iterations of nvidia drivers)

When we take into consideration that Revan also tried cables reset and monitor settings there's noting more that users can do.

Acer we need your reply in this case. Should we do RMA or something like that or maybe firmware update can fix this issue?

• revan
    Options

Interesting thing... problem occurs exactly after few minutes of gaming, not after a hour or few and only when I play games.

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Options

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    We're aware of the issue you're reporting.
    We're looking into this and when we have more information we will share the update on this thread.

Thank you for your patience.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Alucard
    Options

Awsome!

Is there any ETA for your reply?

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Options

We would like to be able to give an estimated time of when we should be able to share an update on this issue, but we don't want to not be able to meet an specific date.

Know that we are working on it and we will do our best to come with more information as soon as it is provided to us.

• Ofai
    Options

I have also had this happen now when using 120hz playing Starcraft II

• revan
    Options

It's not good... maybe you have set 144hz in the game ? i have had identical problem in Shadow Warrior. Refresh rate in windows was 120hz but in the game 144hz. After few minutes "kaboom" blue pixels on the whole screen...

• kobbybest
    Options

Hello,

My third monitor also has the issue.

To reproduce the issue quicky, disable G sync to have monitor at constant 144HZ in game

So my three monitor buy in france (February 03, 2017) have the issue and manufacture date on all is SEPTEMBER 2016.

• Ofai
    Options

Mine also has september 2016

• Didi
    Didi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

144hz our expierence so far:

We have the second Z271 now. First was manufactured in August 2016. We got this one on 24.12.2016. It worked without problems for 3 weeks.. Mostly "Guild Wars 2" was played and sometimes "Watchdogs 2". In January 2017 after a few days playing "Elder Scrolls Online" screen got red (!) areas in the game and on desktop then too. Plugging off the Monitor helped, but problem came back 10 or 30 minutes later...  And the problem came in "Guild Wars 2" and "Watchdogs 2" now too !

System is windows 10, Grafics card Geforce 1070 Zotac Mini.

After a few days the problem switched to blue areas ! (no more red). We tried a second computer with Win7 and a MSI Geforce 970 and had the same blue errors on Guild Wars 2. I tried another cable (2 meters but cheap one...),different ports - same problems.

So we exchanged the Monitor and got an new one (manufactured September 2016). And we have the same problems again on both PCs (nothing red, always blue areas). On the second PC (Win7/MSI Geforce 970) i run the game "Archeage Online" too - this game without problems with blue colors so far (for 2 days now). Still checking and searching the reason...

PS: Sometimes on both PCs both monitors flicker a little bit when playing the games (all games,in Archeage Online too).

Flickering happened often just before the monitor went blue...

I read in another forum the flickering happens when you use cheap cables.

I am thinking about buying a better cable (Lindy Chromo for 30 Euros)...

Why delivers Acer a 600 Euro Monitor with such cheap cable ? But i dont think its the solution of the problem.

When running with HDMI Cable (60 hz) we dont have any problems with both monitors too.

• revan
    Options

It's not a problem with a cable. I think all Z271 models are affected and for the moment i don't know what to do. If I RMA my monitor i will get another faulty one. It's vicious circle. 

• kobbybest
    Options
    Any news from Acer. In France, retailer not sell Z271. Acer stop thé sell of z271?
  • laurent_14
    Options

Hi kobbybest,

The Predator Z271 is available from this French online shop (confirmed by chat instantly).

France
This discussion has been closed.