Acer Aspire M5 581T (G) ( Won't turn on )

jaylyn1829
jaylyn1829 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi, I got this laptop Acer Aspire M5 581T (G) and sometimes I need to press the power button like 20x before it opened.

Yesterday, I was streaming movie online then it suddenly shuts down. I tried to powered it on again but this time, it goes to ACER LOGO then blue screen for like 1 sec then shuts it self down. I tried pressing F12, F8 but nothing. Can anyone help me what's the problem? 

can I power the laptop while removing the battery? and only putting the charger?

one more thing, where can I download windows 8?

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

You can use the laptop on AC power by itself if you like but from the info you provided the system will need repair for the power issue. This model shipped with Windows 7 which is what Acer supported on this model. Acer does not offer a download for Windows 8 but you might see if there is a Windows 8 image available to download from Microsoft. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8

• jaylyn1829
    jaylyn1829 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, thank you Smiley Happy

So I finally figured out why  my laptop became like that. 

I cleaned the memory, I cleaned the inside.

After that, I pressed the power button but nothing is happening, so I suspect it is the power button board, and I was right, so everytime I will open the laptop I need to touch the power button socket in the mobo with PIN and the laptop will open.

My question, is there a way to repair the power button board myself? or where can I have it repair or where can I buy power button board?

Thank you.

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Acer is unable to provide repair information so we would recommend it be serviced by a PC repair shop. Acer can offer service at a flat rate which covers parts, labor, 90 day warranty on the repair and return shipping. Since the system is out of warranty you have the option to take it to any repair shop of choice. If you would like Acer to repair it, let us know and we can assist from there. 

• mhtran
    mhtran Member Posts: 3 New User

I had exactly same problem, what is went wrong? power connector where the charge cable plug into laptop or power button?

my battery is fully charge before laptop went off by it self.

Any advice, please dont' say "take it to the repair shop".

Appreciate.

Mike