K202HQL Monitor to Night Owl Security DVR via VGA input Input not supported

Options
ss5190
ss5190 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives

Bought a new Acer K202HQL Monitor for a new Night Owl Security DVR and can't get passed the "Input Not Supported" Upon boot-up it sees the Night Owl logo but then dropps out to the nosupport message. I assume the resolution might be to high on monitor but don't know where to change it.

Monitor works great from my laptop.

Your help is appreciated

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

The native resolution on the K202HQL monitor is 1600x900 @60Hz. Make sure this is the resolution set in your display properties on the computer. If this is set correctly the next thing you might try is a different cable and not to use adapters if possible, just to rule that out. 

• Drawingguy
    Drawingguy Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Acer-Mary, I think you misunderstood 5190's problem. He's trying to use the monitor with a DVR on his security system. If the resolution isn't set for the monitor, and you have no other monitor, you can't change it, because you need to see the controls on the monitor! I have the same issue. I tried pressing the reset button on the PCB, and it seems the default setting is also outside the range of my ACER monitor. 
  • Drawingguy
    Drawingguy Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Does anyone know how to resolve the problem of setting the resolution output from a security DVR without a monitor? Tried rest button on PCB, but still unreadable resolution for the monitor. I made the mistake of changing the resolution in the control panel, and now I'm stuck with a monitor that can't display, and a DVR I can't make settings changes on, because.. no monitor. I don't have another monitor to try. Help!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    My NVR has a setting for monitor resolution reached through it's web interface, I would think a DVR is going to have something similar. I'd bet it's defaulting to 1080P. Which DVR do you have?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.