Acer Aspire TC-605 - no sound on either speakers or internal

slzwarycz
slzwarycz Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Is this still the accepted solution all these months later? (I found post from 2015 with a solution that involved uninstalling Intel drivers and reinstalling Realtek drivers and Intel Graphics Drivers. I don't know how to reference that discussion here.) Aspire TC-605 running Win 8.1. There are NO AMT Intel graphics driver as described in the solution and the Intel products that might be uninstalled are currently: Intel Control Center, Intel Graphics Driver and Intel Management Console Center. I can't find AMT-Intel_9.5.15.1730 and my Intel HD Graphics group is 4600.

Problem, however, is the same - no sound from speakers. There are NO exclamation points on any devices in device manager.

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

slzwarycz,

I haven't used Windows 8.1 on my TC-605 in a very long time so not sure if I can help but let give you some troubleshooting things I would try.

1. Make sure the problem isn't with your speakers (try some different speakers).

2. Uninstall drivers and/or Reinstall drivers.  Restart computer.

3. Make sure you have speakers plugged in to correct output. The photo below is where I plug in to.  The middle one.  I think it's green.  Ignore the dust in my photo.  Smiley Wink

IMG_0261.JPG

4. Try plugging your speakers in to your monitor (if possible).  When you plug the speakers in to your monitor, it will use Intel Display Audio instead of the onboard Realtek.

5.  Try some headphones in the front.

6. Go in to your BIOS settings and load the defaults (F9) and then save/exit (F10).

7. Backup your important personal files and reset your PC to factory defaults and just start over.

If you still have problems let me know and I will install Windows 8.1 on my test rig to see if the problem is with a Microsoft update or something.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

Drivers are in link below.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

I'm not an Acer employee.