Clean version, language, dual boot and drivers

Options
Frank_drebin
Frank_drebin Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi, I bought this laptop Acer Aspire ES1-523 15.6" and comes with Windows 10, and had different language options but it didn't had Spanish. Also I saw it come with some applications what I don't want and there is no way to erase or uninstall those. And some applications with what I was used to work, those don't work in Windows 10.

So I split the HD in two units and I tried to make boot from a USB for install windows 7 in that second unit but even changing the order in the Bios it don't recognize the USB like bootable. I tried with Rufus also and nothing.

One time i make it I see there is no support from Acer to this laptop drivers in windows 7, how could I find some compatible ones?

And I would like to keep the other half of the HD with Windows 10, but I would reinstall from 0 to have it clean without those applications what it comes preinstalled on the system and also for have it in Spanish. But I don't see where is my license number of Windows 10 (it didn't came any sticker with it), can I find it some way to reinstall windows 10 from 0? Or just putting again my email and password it will recognize i have Windows 10 license in this laptop?

Thanks for the answers!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Your license is stored on BIOS, so you don't need to input any product key during installation; if it's requested, you can skip that step and let windows authenticate once installed.

about windows 7 installation, must be x64 version and using Rufus, set GPT scheme for UEFI BIOS and FAT32 format; by the way on some Acer laptops, even doing this is impossible to install; you will need to install under Legacy but sometimes Legacy creates hardware issues and is no more secure to be honest.

About drivers, you will need to search around the web to find the correct ones.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Frank_drebin
    Options
    I installed windows 7 in that second partition, it installed well, but when you choose between those two systems (windows 10 and 7) if you choose 7 it give an error 0x425, so I press the option of analize the memory, it said it is OK. I checked online and it sais I could try to make repair system of windows 7 option. I made it, and still don't found any problem and still don't start Windows 7.

Then I tried what you told to try to install it in Legacy mode, but one time I picked to put in Legacy mode the computer only goes to the Bios. Like if the button F2 is always pressed. I puted back the UEFI mode and it don't matters. Makes the same. Now when I turn it on it just goes to the Bios without I can make anything.

How can I fix this?
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you messed up both windows installation, because you can't have a UEFI and Legacy windows installation at the same time.

under UEFI settings, check if windows boot manager exist and it's the first bootable device, then save and exit.

if the system is unable to boot, it's better if you wipe the HDD/SSD completly and re-install windows 10.

remember to disable secure boot if you would install windows 7

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Frank_drebin
    Options
    Hi, I fixed the boot, it works fine that windows 10, but two things. Is normal that laptop model get so high speed the fans? Just having the laptop on the desktop without do anything, without wildfire on and all the processes closed, after few minutes start to be so noisy those fans (also in the menu of the bios makes the same), is so much more higher than what is usual, it can have some problem with the thermal paste? I should take it to the shop or is normal about this model is so noisy?

Then also a part, when windows 10 get in sleep mode, don't awake anyway and I need to turn off the laptop.

Thanks for the help