touch screen

Options
rzee
rzee Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Just recently the touch in my touch screen stoped working. I noticed in control panel that the driver is no longer there. I went to Acer support drivers and there is no driver for the touch screen listed. I called support and they couldn't find the driver eitherand and their solution is to do a factory reset to bring the driver back. I do not want to reinstall all my programs and configurations again. There must be a driver somewhere for it to be in the factory reset deployment package. Anyone know of a fix or the driver needed for this notebook (V3-575T)

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

Go to Device manager, expand Human Interface Devices, right click "HID compliant touchscreen" or something similar, click update the driver.HTH.

• rzee
    Options

I have tried that already on all the HID items listed in device manager with no result. this is the list under Human Interface Devices:

HID-compliant digitizer

HID-compliant touch pad

12C HID Device

Microsoft Input Configuration Device

USB Input Device

USB Input Device

I have tried to update the first four on the list and they all came back with the message "The best driver software for your device is already installed"

As I mentioned, I don't see the HID for pen and touch listed here and I can't find the driver on the acer/support/drivers for my notebook

• rzee
    Options

Update. Touch screen still not working. Talked to Acer tech support as I am still under warranty, and all they can offer is to do a factory reset to bring the driver back as they do not have a driver listed. Obviously I am reluctrant to lose all my programs and settings. In this 21st century, there must be another way to install a driver for the touch screen than reformat the whole drive.

• rzee
    Options

Update. found solution here  https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/287335/How+to+reinstall+touch+screen+driver+My+touch+screen+stopped+working.

'Check Mice and Other Pointing Devices in Device Manager and see if there is a listing for a USB touchscreen controller.

Right click on the listing and select Update driver. When you get to browse my computer, you'll have the option to "let me choose" and then you select "usb input device" instead of "touchscreen controller."'

This worked for me. Hopefully this info will help someone else.