Trackpad rattles - Aspire E15 E5-575-33bm

bpavlichek
bpavlichek Member Posts: 2 New User

I just bought a brand new Aspire E15 E5-575-33bm and the trackpad rattles when I tap it. It feels really cheap. Is this normal? The trackpad on my girlfriend's Macbook is solid and makes more of a thud sound, no rattle at all. I really like this computer otherwise but this rattle is going to deive me nuts.

Answers

• bpavlichek
    bpavlichek Member Posts: 2 New User

UPDATE: It seems if I take off the back cover and press gently on the set screw and standoff for the M.2 card, the rattle goes away. If I pay close attention, I can even feel the space between the pad and the click. If I press hard enough on the set screw and standoff I can even click the mouse. It seems I need the gap to be half a millimeter closer, or something is loose. Either way, I don't think it was designed that way. If I can get someone from Acer to confirm, I will return it to Amazon for a replacement.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer

Hi,

It looks like a hardware problem/manufacturing fault, I would suggest you to return the laptop for a refund/replacement. BTW, I don't work for Acer.

• maryamne55
    maryamne55 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Mine is only about 2 weeks old, and has the same issue. The very CHEAP plastic frame around the screen is very loose on the bottom left.....guess I have to call service....but if it is replaced, that would mean installing those stupid updates again....they took hours!

• maryamne55
    maryamne55 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have that problem and the black "frame" around my screen is loose/squeaky. Unfortunately, when I spoke to Acer...they said the screen issue is not "theirs'.....that I would have to pay to ship it to them and pay for a repair! Right...it is 2 weeks old?

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,338 Community Administrator

Hello All,

I'm sorry that you're having issues with your Aspire E 15 laptops.  Can you please send me a PM with the Serial Number so I can look into this for you?

Thanks.

• KGF
    KGF Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi Jose, 

I just received this Aspire E15 model today and the trackpad is doing the same thing. I really like the computer so far...are there any fixes I can do myself to eliminate the rattle?

Thanks!

• GF1
    GF1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi...
    I have a new A114-32 and the touchpad is very problematic - loose and noisy and intermittent... Has there been a fix? The laptop is 1 week old !
  • cantthinkofanickname
    cantthinkofanickname Member Posts: 3 New User
    ah, i thought i was the only one. the trackpad feels harder to click in some areas and loose in others, and it ralltes if i tap it, or if i type normally so i just have to type lightly. its the new acer aspire 5 btw and i havent had it for long 💀
  • cantthinkofanickname
    cantthinkofanickname Member Posts: 3 New User
    ah, i thought i was the only one. the trackpad feels harder to click in some areas and loose in others, and it ralltes if i tap it, or if i type normally so i just have to type lightly. its the new acer aspire 5 btw and i havent had it for long 💀
    ah never mind turns out the screws were a bit loose, particularly the ones at the hinge and under the trackpad, but after tightening them the rattle has dissapeared