Spin 7 HDMI/DisplayPort adapters or docking

jjohanson
jjohanson Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I would like to purchase a Spin 7 laptop (NX.GKPED.002). However, I need to connect HDMI and DisplayPort monitors and projectors (one at the time).

The situation surrounding USB-C is highly confusing at the monent (compatebility seems to be a bit hit-and-miss).
So I am looking for (Acer certified preferably) USB-C adapters that will work with this machine.

Any suggestions?

Also, are there any docking solutions for this machine?

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Acer does not offer a docking solution for the Spin series; we have not heard whether one will be implemented in the future. Unfortunately Acer does not offer an optional USB power adapter at this time but the power requirements for charging the notebook via USB type C is 19.5V 2.25A. 

• jjohanson
    jjohanson Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the feedback!

Does that mean that it is not possible to connect HDMI and DisplayPort monitors and projectors to this machine?

Or, have Acer compatible USB-C adapters available for this purpose?

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

I have never used displayport but have used USB docking stations from (Amazon) Targus and MediaSonic to run two monitors (HDMI & DVI/VGA) and a third from the notebook HDMI socket. Key to docking stations is whether it is true dual display vs display mirroring and the number of USB 3 vs USB 2 sockets. The other discriminator is the power available from the power supply (usually between 20 and 30 watts).

Once you look at the ports, you can generally identify the core, suspect all use the DisplayLink engine & is mostly badge engineering and physical layout.