Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Experienced Senior user.

ChuckTinChuckTin Posts: 20Member

Experienced Senior user here. I had a 13" Dell Inspiron N3050 with Win 10 and was looking for a replacement. I use a Laptop to sort and evaluate Pictures when my wife and I are on vacation (Nikon and Fuji cameras, iPhone and Samsung Galaxy Note3 cell phones). So I settle on a Toshiba Gold - nice and light, handy, had enough memory, etc. Then Wifie says "Why don't you look at this one? - Acer Aspire V17 Black Edition, it has an IPS Panel."

Hooked and guttedSmiley Happy

What a trip I had.

Win 8.1 - down, I can get Win 10 (free, Assitive Technologys) - up. Can Xfer programs & setups from the Dell to the Acer with Lapkink, yes I can, no I can't - down, purchased new licence. I need an AV, I can get McAfee free from our ISP, yes I can, no I can't - down. I can get Symantec free from work - up. Also a Low-cost purchase of MS Office - up. Clear up as much Bloatware as I can (garbage to me, who needs it) - up. Tried a clean-up utility (after all that I really needed one) supposed to be free, Yes? N0! - down. Found a Coupon for Iolo (got that on my Desktop, Big Mama) - up. Install and zap that trash. Oh and on the way, multiple Back-ups to a 1TB external as I walked through this short story.

So - next I need to evaluate the Photoshop/Lightroom Ransom thing. We are current at work, but persoanlly I'm a cheap so-and-so so QImage tempts. Well that's the next battle.

cvt