Predator G5 17 793 cooling solutions

Options
ElPrezidente17
ElPrezidente17 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello guys,

I recently bought mention laptop and i was wondering how to upgrade cooling for future hot days. Interni cooling is greatful but i was thinking about some laptop cooling stand plus vacuum coolers That Mount on exhaust.

Simeone try That?

Answers

• netrom
    netrom Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

A cooling stand will maybe improve the temperature by 1-2 degrees.

There are two other usefull ways to do it

1: Take it apart and change the cooling paste

2: Undervolt it

• EmperorBorg
    EmperorBorg Member Posts: 21 Networker
    Options

Try monitoring the temperature 1st. It should be fine overall.

• ElPrezidente17

Tinkerer

Options

As i were saying, there is no overheating issues, the heat managment is excellent, but i was thinking about upgrading it a bit. Lets say some good laptop cooler for 17 inchers and vacuum cooler like Opolar or Klim.

• Daedronus
    Daedronus Member Posts: 78 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

A better themal paste will make a big difference, whatever the current tems you have.

The default one is *****

• EmperorBorg
    EmperorBorg Member Posts: 21 Networker
    Options

I agree about the paste. But what usually made a lot of T difference was a well placed fan. If there is strategical space near key components that's the best thing that can be done. It made differences of 10-20C for me each time i did that. For many notebooks models it may be difficult to find available space, but if you do...do squeeze in a fan.

• ElPrezidente17

Tinkerer

Options

Isn't the CPU and GPU solderd to motherbord along with heat pipes and canot be dissasembled? Or am i wrong?

• Daedronus
    Daedronus Member Posts: 78 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

CPU and GPU are indeed soldered, but the fans and heatsink are easly removed, 2 screews per fan and 7 for the heatsink.

Look for a disassembly video on youtube for g9-793, most of the needed steps are shown there.

G5 and G9 are more or less the same laptop, G5 is just a crippled version of G9 Smiley Happy