Predator 17 G9-791-71AT

maverick1234
maverick1234 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi, just wondering what tool could I use for backing up the factory default bios, 'cause I can't seem to find one on Acer website (I'm not planning on updating bios anytime soon, only if required) ?

+ I have a question about RAID mode (I'm not an expert on it), is it safe to leave it on, or would I have to change it to AHCI mode (RAID mode was turned on since the day I bought it)....1st drive is LITEON SSD, 2nd is WD HDD.

Thank you

Kind regards,

Matthew

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

factory default BIOS settings are stored on BIOS itself, so you don't need to backup but you can always reload them pressing F9 on BIOS.

you can leave RAID if you don't mess around with Intel RST tools and create and array with the HDD (you will loose the HDD extra storage space).

if you want to switch to AHCI, you can do it, no performance will be lost.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

factory default BIOS settings are stored on BIOS itself, so you don't need to backup but you can always reload them pressing F9 on BIOS.

you can leave RAID if you don't mess around with Intel RST tools and create and array with the HDD (you will loose the HDD extra storage space).

if you want to switch to AHCI, you can do it, no performance will be lost.

• maverick1234

Tinkerer

Tnx for answering...just one addition about bios...I meant factory default or original bios so to speak (think it is 1.04), not actual settings.

Tnx

• IronFly

i can't post a link with BIOS backup tools but if your search google - insyde bios backup

you will find some good infos.

by the way, i suggest you to update your BIOS version if it's still 1.04 to avoid a bug that prevent booting to BIOS if the ODD is missing from it's bay if set to Legacy.

• maverick1234

Tinkerer

Well, took that advice about Insyde tool, just couldn't find any back up option. Even if I edit platform.ini file, there's no [BackupRom] line :/

• IronFly

Because is using the new EFI mode.

bios mods wiki explain how you can try to recover the current BIOS.