Acer Spin Series stylus support

Options
gonzocubed
gonzocubed Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Does the Acer Spin Series support a stylus, specifically the Acer Spin 3?

Answers

• gonzocubed
    gonzocubed Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    After looking through settings in the control panel I found an option to adjust pen and touch settings, is that because windows 10 supports a stylus?
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,118 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

Sorry, I'm not familiar with this but please wait for someone else to chime inSmiley Sad

• acortada
    acortada Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Any luck finding that information?

I just bought a SPIN 3 myself and the Stylus could be really useful.

I couldn't find the information anywhere, so if anyone has that information, please share.

Thanks.

• tasneemj
    tasneemj Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I just asked a similar question. Can someone chime in please?
  • tasneemj
    tasneemj Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I just asked this questione here:
    community.acer.com/en/discussion/533485/stylus-to-work-on-acer-spin-3-laptop
    can someone please chime in?
    thanks
  • muntos
    muntos Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Hi,

during my research for buying a Spin 5 I watched this review where you can clearly see that at least on Spin 5 using a stylus is possible:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruqp-Vp2STU&t=96s

Hope this helps...
  • Threader
    Threader Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Ok I had just placed an order for a top of the line Acer Spin Nitro. This is the Acer Active Stylus pen that will work

Model ASA630   or Acer part number NP.STY1A.009

The Acer product page for the above the pen is specified to be compatible with the following Acer notebooks

Compatible Models: SP111-31N, SP111-32N, SP513-52N, SP515-51, SW312-31, SW512-52, TMB118-RN

SP513-52N =  Spin 5 13 with 8th gen Intel  so not compatible with older gen Spin 5 models

SP515-51 = Spin 5 15.6" with 8th gen Intel so not compatible with older gen Spin 5 models

So it seems Acer added a digitizer on the latest Spin 5 models with 8th Gen Kaby-R equipped models.
  • Hazel
    Hazel Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hazel here...I just got a Spin 3   SP315-51-37E7 ... Just started using it...my years old laptop is about to go...so all this new tech is new to  me...though I have had a Surface Pro 2 with Windows 8
  • Hazel
    Hazel Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Obviously, I am really new to this posting comments stuff and could not figure out how to delete the accidentally posted comment above which did not get finished....so below is my comment...Lots O Laughs....Y'all...! ! ! 

Hazel here...I just got a Spin 3   SP315-... This is my first ACER computer...Just started using it...My ? years old Windows 7 laptop is about to go...so all this fancy tech is new to  me...though I have had a Surface Pro 2 with Windows 8...I did  not use it very much because of the small size and I wanted a larger laptop with Windows 10...I know the Spin 3 is an entry type level computer but it will do for me...the one I really wanted was WAY more costly than this one was...so this Spin 3 will help me get used to Windows 10...

So I read through this thread about the Stylus questions...I too wondered if a stylus would work with this computer...I picked up my plain old pen/stylus with the black rubbery tip and tried it on my Spin 3 and it works for moving the cursor where I want it, pushing the back arrows for going back a page and it works for scrolling...I was pleasantly surprised that it worked because I read several articles that said a stylus would not work... There may be applications where a stylus does more than the easy stuff I  listed but since I don't know what they are I can't give any usage examples...

What else do you use a stylus for?  I probably would use it to play Mahjong so I do hope it works for that...Please reply because I need help getting started with this new computer experience and want to get all I can out of it...

Cheers to you all...Thanks for all the good information...Hazel...!