Acer one 10 power issues

Options
cstamm
cstamm Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

First of all, I am an absolute novice when it comes to using computers of any description - apologies if anything I'm writing here sounds obvious or naive! While the laptop's working, I'm competent, but when I encounter an issue I am very very stuck...

I've had my Acer One 10 for about a year. It's had limited use, as I use my smart phone and my desktop PC more regularly.

It was working fine the other day but then yesterday evening I struggled to switch it on. I tried pressing the Power button down for different lengths of time, at different angles. This has happened repeatedly since yesterday. Each time, it will eventually switch on but there seems to be no pattern as to what does the trick. Sometimes it's near enough immediate, other times it will take a while to eventually get started.

Two other things I've noticed - 1, the power button seems to work fine apart from when I'm switching the laptop on, e.g. when used to switch the screen on and off it responds immediately and as expected. 2, when I have turned the laptop off, occasionally the PC will switch itself back on again about a minute or so after shutting down.

It leads me - in my very limited understanding - to suspect the power button is physically functioning but the powering up and down is not working properly. The charger is working as normal. Any help would be really useful!

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

Based on the info you provided it does appear there is a hardware problem with the power button on the Acer One 10 you have. At this point we would recommend the system be serviced. Please contact the Acer support location for your region for assistance, from this link:

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/