G9-791-771C Headphone jack low volume

Devavighnen
Devavighnen Member Posts: 3 New User

Hey guys I have a problem that I can't solve no matter what I try, my audio headphone jack used to be very loud and heavy hitting bass, especially when I had my Dolby Audio turned on. However, recently the sound that comes out is just plain unacceptable, it isn't as loud as before, regardless of whether Dolby Audio is turned on/off.

I have checked every possible settings for Dolby, updated my Realtek Drivers twice, tried setting the audio sampling rate to DVD/Studio/CD but nothing seems to work. It's as if the headphone jack isn't giving enough power anymore, so the sound comes out very low in output, even when compared to my friend's Acer multimedia laptop with similar Realtek Drivers WITHOUT Dolby..his headphone jack just seems to give out louder volumes

Help, please?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Check if you have limited output ticked.

right click the speaker icon near clock and date, double click the realtek speaker, click on Custom tab

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Devavighnen
    Devavighnen Member Posts: 3 New User

That option is already unchecked, I'm guessing it has something to do with either the hardware, or the realtek manager, which I've tried all options within the application.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Ok, give Acer support service a call.
    I'm not an Acer employee.