Acer swift 3 - Change keyboard backlight timer?

Options
2»

Answers

• C0BALT
    C0BALT Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2020
    Options
    This is a very unprofessional "feature" of these laptops. When you're at work in tight dark settings (film sets in my case) you can't even tell where the laptop is after a bit of time. Nevermind hitting the wrong key when it's completely black will ruin a multi-thousand dollar camera take and the entire crew stares at you for screwing it up...
    LEAVE THE ***** KEYBOARD BACKLIGHT ON.
    That would've been a nice option.

Solution, use a flashlight to find your laptop. Grrrr... so frustrating ACER.

If there is a solution to permanently solder a wire or two so the keyboard backlight is on I would do that too.
  • ericjohn84
    ericjohn84 Member Posts: 23 Networker
    Options
    i have an acer siwft 3 sf314-42. the settings can be found in the BIOS settings ( i supposed you guys know how to enter bios). in the MAIN tab, you can replace the value of "KEYBOARD BACKLIGHT TIMEOUT" feature to "DISABLED" (default is "ENABLED).
    Keep safe everyone!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    There are only some models with that exposed in the BIOS. Most do not have a method for changing the behavior.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ericjohn84
    ericjohn84 Member Posts: 23 Networker
    Options
    billsey said:
    There are only some models with that exposed in the BIOS. Most do not have a method for changing the behavior.
    oh ok, i am not aware of that. anyway, just wanted to help.