Acer aspire x AXC 704G graphics card install?

Nathan_Smith
Nathan_Smith Member Posts: 7 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives

I just got the acer aspire x AXC-704G-UW61 mini tower desktop for christmas, i want to use it for lower end games, but it doesnt have a graphics card, is there a graphics card that would work with my system?

[edit] I only have $55 for a graphics card. 

Best Answer

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,042 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

First you'll need a new AC adapter of 90W. In this case, you'll be able to install a Low Profil graphic board like this one:

France
  • Nathan_Smith
    Nathan_Smith Member Posts: 7 New User

thank you, i was acctually thinkng of the gt 710, but i wasnt sure if it would run with my system.

what power supply would you recommend?

[edit] never mind about the powert supply, i just saw the link.

• You're welcome. About the memory upgrade, I advise you to buy this memory module. The memory amount will be 4Gb+4Gb. You could also check it with HWiNFO portable version (no installation).

France
  • ChrisTheo
    ChrisTheo Member Posts: 1 New User
    @laurent_14 is this card GT 730 
    DDR3, 64-bit suitable for this model too?
  • aayush
    aayush Member Posts: 3 New User
    Is it really necessary to get that 90w ac adaptor? 65w wont work?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    Yes, the GPU card will require more power than the 65W supply can give.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • aayush
    Will I be actually able to game after installing the gpu? This sysrem has a celeron n3050 processor and 4 gb ram which is really poor. But the only game I want to play is CS GO and I dont mind low settings I just need 60 fps.
  • billsey
    The processor will likely be your bottleneck. How well does the game run with the stock system? The GPU will help, but I don't know how much...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • aayush
    Can I get the gt730 instead? It's more powerful and requires power supply of 23w. And it's size is similar to the gt710 so I don't think there will be any problem installing the card.
  • billsey
    I doubt you have 23W free when the system is up and running, you will likely still need the bigger power supply. But power supplies are pretty cheap...