Acer Iconia W700 Bios Password Reset / Forgotten, Access Bios Menu, Install Windows 10 **SOLUTION**

marceldennisxp
marceldennisxp Member Posts: 1 New User

Acer Iconia W700 Bios Password Reset / Forgotten, Access Bios Menu, Install Windows 10

I have an Acer Iconia W700 which I tried to upgrade and had problems with. Long story short I contact Acer support who wanted $99 to fix. Here’s what I did:

Items needed:

• USB Hub more than 2 ports (tablet only has 1 port) Cost $10

• USB keyboard

• USB with Windows on it using “Rufus” software to install ISO (You can review tutorials on how to this which is very easy to do)

1. Make sure your tablet is plugged in.

2. Connect USB keyboard and USB with windows install to the USB hub and connect it to your tablet USB port.

3. Turn tablet and press F12 on the keyboard a few times when you see the ACER start-up logo to access the bios menu selection area where you can then select the Windows installation on the USB. *You might have to turn the tablet on and off a few times for the unit to recognize the USB Windows installation.

(*Note if you don't hit F12 fast enough it will bring you to bios screen where it will ask for the password...this it what I didn't have!)

4. Proceed to install Windows installation. Follow the direction and that’s it! I did a fresh install of Windows 10.

5. Drivers can be downloaded from Acer or driverscape.

*Note: I did this because I purchased a used Acer Iconia W700 and wanted to upgrade and had problems accessing the bios menu which I didn’t find any real solutions so this is what I did. This may work with other Acer tablets as well. Good Luck! I hope this helps and saves someone $99 as well Smiley Happy

Marcel

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]