Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

network provider?

dual SIM or single SIM version?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • the_emporium
    the_emporium Member Posts: 61 Troubleshooter

First we are assuming that your provider has decent 3G in your area...

First check:

Go to Settings
    under Wireless and Networks top section select "More..."
    Select "Cellular Networks"
    Now, what is listed as your "prefered network type" ? Make sure it is not "2G only".

Choose the best Suited Option for according to you preferences

In that same screen, you should have an option for "network operators". If you select it, it will search for all available operators in the area (could take up to a minute). When you do that, do you SEE any available 3G operators ? Ideally your carriers'.
    Is the second option "set" to choose automatically" ?

-----------
    IF all that is set correctly, you can
    Dial *#*#4636#*#*
    you should get a "testing" menu... You can select the first option which is "Phone information".

If you scroll down just a bit, just before the "turn off radio" button, you should see a line saying "Set prefered network type". What is yous set to ? Mine is set to "LTE/GSM aito (PRL)".

• darkota011
    darkota011 Member Posts: 2 New User
    It is dual SIM model. I tried with two providers, with different SIM cards.
    In option "network operators" I see available 3G operators and iti my carriers. When I set "prefered network type" 3G only, there are no network.
    In line saying "Set prefered network type" it was "WCDMA preferred". I changed in "LTE/GSM auto (PRL)" but still no 3G.
    the_emporium wrote:

First we are assuming that your provider has decent 3G in your area...

First check:

Go to Settings
    under Wireless and Networks top section select "More..."
    Select "Cellular Networks"
    Now, what is listed as your "prefered network type" ? Make sure it is not "2G only".

Choose the best Suited Option for according to you preferences

In that same screen, you should have an option for "network operators". If you select it, it will search for all available operators in the area (could take up to a minute). When you do that, do you SEE any available 3G operators ? Ideally your carriers'.
    Is the second option "set" to choose automatically" ?

-----------
    IF all that is set correctly, you can
    Dial *#*#4636#*#*
    you should get a "testing" menu... You can select the first option which is "Phone information".

If you scroll down just a bit, just before the "turn off radio" button, you should see a line saying "Set prefered network type". What is yous set to ? Mine is set to "LTE/GSM aito (PRL)".

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

honestly i will take the phone to a service center or the shop where you bought it.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Jessmon
    Jessmon Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have a promblem with my acer phone i bring acer phone from canada to kerala and i put a vodafone 4g sim in my phone but it is only showing 2g connection i put that same sim on another on that phone i am getting 4g how to fox this promblem how i will get 3g in my acer phone please give any solution to fix this promblem