Unable to register product

Mack1
Mack1 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 12 in 2020 Archives

The Acer "Register a product" page has rejected all of my attempts to register my new Acer tablet, over a period of weeks.  The error message returned by the page states: "the entered value should have the format mm/dd/yyyy", even though that is the format that I am using (via the webpage's drop-down calendar).  There are many similar product-registration problem reports in the Acer community fora.  Product registration is part of the customer experience, and problems registering products should not be ignored.  In my opinion, this apparent long-standing unresolved data validation problem in what I believe to be a rather basic feature of the website software does not speak well of Acer's quality management system, can create doubts about the quality of the products they sell, and can interfere with sales and profitability.  Unless I am in error, Acer represent themselves to be computer system experts.  I invite Acer to demonstrate their expertise by identifying and eliminating all of the significant root causes of the problems that customers have been encountering with the Acer product registration system.

Comments

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Hello,

Sorry to hear this. Please send me a private messgae with the SNID or serial number of the system so we can check this for you.

Thank you

• RobertW
    RobertW Member Posts: 1 New User

I can't register my emachine which I bought in the UK back in 2010.

When I try to register it, I get the product is already registered.

• mjmadrigalejos19
    mjmadrigalejos19 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same issue: 

Warning!

Unable to register your product. Please contact (02) 555-2300 or 1800-1888-7037 for assistance.

Shall I wait for 7 working days? and not 7 days?
  • mirsamim1987
    mirsamim1987 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Unable to register my laptop in India.
  • Joreel
    Joreel Member Posts: 1 New User
    same here, it shows a warning PLease register after 7 days of purchase. need help
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi all,

I am very sorry to hear that you're having issues with registering your Acer product, please send me a private message with the serial number, a screenshot of the error and the Acer ID account email address to better assist you. 

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
    Joreel said:
    same here, it shows a warning PLease register after 7 days of purchase. need help

• krizza_
    krizza_ Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi I'm from the Philippines and I am also encountering the same problem, I tried to inspect the web page and it has a problem with the Date format . This will be the 7th day of purchase. I hope you guys can help me too, cheers!
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Hi krizza_,

I am sorry that you're experiencing this, please send me a private message with the serial number of your unit and email to better assist. 

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
  • Bma16
    Bma16 Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    Hi krizza_,

I am sorry that you're experiencing this, please send me a private message with the serial number of your unit and email to better assist. 

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
    Hi

Me too we bought a nitro 5 laptop 9 days ago and after 7 days we registered it but it always shows the "warning! Unable to register your product" how can we register our new laptop?
  • Kevinskyline
    Kevinskyline Member Posts: 2 New User
    Bma16 said:
    Hi krizza_,

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
    Hi

Me too we bought a nitro 5 laptop 9 days ago and after 7 days we registered it but it always shows the "warning! Unable to register your product" how can we register our new laptop?
    Same here, I just bought nitro 5 and at first register. it said I have to wait for 5 days to get my warranty to be registered. And it did e-mail me. But, my screenshot of the original receipt is blurred. So I registered again. And this time it came out like this.
  • KOKO50
    KOKO50 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've been experiencing the same problem, I just bought an acer aspire laptop. The laptop store informed me to check the laptop out for 7 days and then register for a warranty after. I entered all the necessary information and the pictures for the receipts and serial numbers. But it says "

Warning!

Unable to register your product. Please contact (02) 8555-2300 or 1800-1888-7037 for assistance.

can my warranty be valid for 2 years? the laptop store instucted me that after 7 days if didnt register for the warranty I will only get a year for the warranty?
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    KOKO50 said:
    I've been experiencing the same problem, I just bought an acer aspire laptop. The laptop store informed me to check the laptop out for 7 days and then register for a warranty after. I entered all the necessary information and the pictures for the receipts and serial numbers. But it says "

Warning!

Unable to register your product. Please contact (02) 8555-2300 or 1800-1888-7037 for assistance.

can my warranty be valid for 2 years? the laptop store instucted me that after 7 days if didnt register for the warranty I will only get a year for the warranty?
    I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the online registration. Have you contacted this lines (02) 8555-2300 or 1800-1888-7037? You need to follow up with the store for better assistance: https://store.acer.com/en-ph/contact

Thanks, 
    Acer-Manny
  • Kevinskyline
    Kevinskyline Member Posts: 2 New User
    Bma16 said:
    Hi krizza_,

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
    Hi

Same here, I just bought nitro 5 and at first register. it said I have to wait for 5 days to get my warranty to be registered. And it did e-mail me. But, my screenshot of the original receipt is blurred. So I registered again. And this time it came out like this. Please help..
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Same here, I just bought nitro 5 and at first register. it said I have to wait for 5 days to get my warranty to be registered. And it did e-mail me. But, my screenshot of the original receipt is blurred. So I registered again. And this time it came out like this. Please help..

Have you contacted this lines (02) 8555-2300 or 1800-1888-7037? You need to follow up with the store for better assistance: https://store.acer.com/en-ph/contact
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • PRETZEL
    PRETZEL Member Posts: 2 New User
    HI I JUST BOUGHT AN ACER NITRO 5 LAST DEC 30 2019 BUT ***** REGISTER HOW CAN I CLAIM MY REAL ME PHONE?
This discussion has been closed.