Aspire E5-774 Series - Won't turn on. Ozone smell when plugged in.

KincaidjKincaidj Member Posts: 1

I bought my Acer on October 4th of this year for work. Everything was working fine as far as I know up until about 3 hours ago, when I noticed that the area to the left of the touchpad was suprisingly warm. I figured that the laptop was just working hard running Android Studio, but twenty minutes or so later the laptop turned off abruptly.

Since then, it hasn't turned on again. I plugged it into a different electrical outlet and noticed that the normal charging light doesn't turn on. However, the laptop was getting extremely hot right now and I smell ozone. I called tech support and they're going to send me a return box for it.

The problem is that I need a laptop for work and the tech support agent said it would take 3-4 weeks for me to get my laptop back. I bought this new laptop two and a half months ago and now I have to wait close to a month for it to be fixed? Does anyone know how to accelerate this process or have any recommendations about what to do? It wouldn't be that big of deal, except I sort of need to work in order to pay rent.

FAQ & Answers

• Acer-MaryAcer-Mary Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Sorry this has happened. Please send me a private message and we'll see what we can do to help you.

• PluviosenPluviosen Member Posts: 1
    My won't start when press the power button only the fan turn on. Nothing more. Any help will be highly appreciated.