monitor reverts settings while calibrating?

Options
michaelr123
michaelr123 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, I just purchased a KG240 from microcenter, love the monitor, 144hz is awesome, but I'm struggling to correct the colors on it. Now i will say both of my monitors have this problem (the other monitor is an aoc). but the color on my aoc is good enough, this acer monitor has some drastically different colors depending on what program I'm running. So I tried using the windows calibration program, nvidia's calibration, and acer's eDisplay program, and none of them work. I also tried downloading drivers for the monitor from acers downloads page, and i tried installing their icc file for the monitor, but it doesn't to adjust anything, and if it did, the colors are again pretty garbage. 

Its like as soon as I try adjusting gamma or colors on the software side of things, the monitor will take the change for a second, then revert back to whatever it was originally set at. I have no idea why its doing this, the software setting is enabled on my monitor, so I'm not sure why it won't allow me to adjust the colors in software. It appears that my gamma needs to come down more than the preprogrammed values, but I can't adjust the value in any software program. Am I missing a driver or something? 

I'm on windows 10, i7 processor, and a gtx 760 running on display port. any help with this would be greatly appreciated, I'm sure there's a setting buried in the control panel that I'm missing.

Answers