how to begin using the d:drive

tech1126
tech1126 Member Posts: 73 Devotee WiFi Icon

I would like to know how i can begin using the d:drive portion of my HDD instead of the C:drive portion becuase i have more space on the D:drive than i do on the C:drive?

Best Answer

• Ganu0406
    Ganu0406 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Hi, You can use ‘D’ drive to save ‘My Documents’ folder and free up space on your ‘C’ drive. However, most installers by default get saved on ‘C’ drive. Using ‘D’ drive will not mess the computer. Alternately, you can merge the ‘D’ drive with ‘C’ drive and have just one drive on your computer. Here are the steps: Note: Please ensure that you back up the data before performing the steps below. Click on ‘Start’ Right click on ‘Computer’ Click on ‘Manage’ In the Computer Management window, click ‘Disk Management’ in the left-hand pane In the right-hand pane, right click the ‘D’ drive (not the C: partition) Click ‘Delete Volume’ On the Delete Simple Volume window, click ‘Yes’ Now right click on ‘C’ drive, click ‘Extend Volume’ On the Extend Volume Wizard window, click ‘Next’ On the Select Disks window (do not change any value), click ‘Next’ Click on ‘Finish’ Close all windows and restart the computer Please reply if you have any questions

Answers

• Ganu0406
    Ganu0406 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Hi, You can use ‘D’ drive to save ‘My Documents’ folder and free up space on your ‘C’ drive. However, most installers by default get saved on ‘C’ drive. Using ‘D’ drive will not mess the computer. Alternately, you can merge the ‘D’ drive with ‘C’ drive and have just one drive on your computer. Here are the steps: Note: Please ensure that you back up the data before performing the steps below. Click on ‘Start’ Right click on ‘Computer’ Click on ‘Manage’ In the Computer Management window, click ‘Disk Management’ in the left-hand pane In the right-hand pane, right click the ‘D’ drive (not the C: partition) Click ‘Delete Volume’ On the Delete Simple Volume window, click ‘Yes’ Now right click on ‘C’ drive, click ‘Extend Volume’ On the Extend Volume Wizard window, click ‘Next’ On the Select Disks window (do not change any value), click ‘Next’ Click on ‘Finish’ Close all windows and restart the computer Please reply if you have any questions

• varlar
    varlar Member Posts: 3 New User
    What do you mean by using D drive? Can't you store files to D: drive or something?
  • tech1126

WOW!!!

How easy was that!!

Hi Ganurao04 i followed your steps exactly and in one minute i deleted the DSmiley Very Happyrive and extended the CSmiley Very Happyrive.Now i have added a total of 270 gigs to the CSmiley Very Happyrive.Altogether i have 323 gb total space so thank you so much for your help and hopefully i can learn some more stuff from you in the very near future!!

Have a great day!!

• tech1126

Thanks for helping just look at the thread before yours and that will be the answer to my question.Done deal!!