Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer E5 571 56WG Hinge Problem

I have had my computer for almost 2 years and the left side hinge has become loose and broken, causing the screen to start to split where that hinge attaches. Fortunately I have an extended warranty from the retailer I bought it from for 1 more month to send it away to get fixed. However, I am trying to contact someone from acer in the technical support department (which has proven to be extremely difficult) to determine if this part can in fact be replaced before I send it away. I had the same problem with a previour Acer laptop and sent that computer away to get the hinge replaced, was called and told that they no longer were making that part and that I could not get my computer back and was offered a portion of what I paid for my computer back instead- obviously was not happy about this. SO, my question now is basically I want to know that the broken hinge can actually be replaced before I send my computer away because I can't afford for this same thing to happen again. I have called the Canadian customer support and have spoken to different people who did not work in this department and told me to try online, however I could not find a live chat or anything, and the retailer I bought it from and have the warranty with told me I must contact Acer directly to find this information out. Can someone help me or direct me where to go?

FAQ & Answers

• Ganu0406Ganu0406 Posts: 12Member

Tinkerer

In order to reach Acer Canada you need to call *** , Acer Provides only 1 year warranty and the extended warranty is from the store not with Acer , So you need to call the store from where you purchased 

[edited to comply with guidelines - removed unverified number]