PCI Controller Driver

Options
DragonOsman2
DragonOsman2 Member Posts: 15 New User

Some time ago, I tried to update my drivers using a driver update utility.  Most of the drivers seemed to have been updated correctly, but it wouldn't update the Intel Graphics driver.  I tried to search for it on my own and then decided to try Intel's own website.  I guess that was a bad idea because the dll file I got it from it wasn't for my laptop (the igdumdim32.dll file - it kept giving me a Bad Image error). 

I was using Windows 10 already, though my laptop originally isn't supposed to be eligible for the upgrade (it's an Aspire V5-571G and the "Windows 10 Update" app told my laptop is ready to be upgraded, so went ahead with it).  I recently downloaded a Windows 10 ISO and used it to do an almost-clean install of Windows 10 (I kept only my personal files), so hopefully the Bad Image error was taken care of, but now the driver for the PCI Controller is missing and Windows doesn't know the manufacturer for its hardware.

I'd like to know the Aspire V-series model that's closest to mine and that was meant for Windows 10 so I can try its drivers. 

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,117 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

Go to Device manager, expand System Devices, highlight and right click Intel Management Engine Interface, click  Update Driver. HTH.

• DragonOsman2
    DragonOsman2 Member Posts: 15 New User
    Options

I tried it, but it says I alread have the latest version of the driver.  But it says that for all drivers and sometimes when I go to Atheros' website to find my wireless adapter driver, I sometimes find that there's a newer version out than the one I have.  So I can't trust the Device Manager anymore.

Anyway, the PCI device driver is missing Windows doesn't know who the manufacturer is.  So that's the one I need help with.