active stylus driver

Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Is there a driver for the Active Stylus.  I just purchsed a Spin 5 and I would like to take written notes but the pen is not working.

Answers

• Member Posts: 4 New User

C'mon someone has to know the answer.

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

The Spin 5 supports a capacitive touch stylus, not a digitizer type stylus. Hope this clarifies.

• Member Posts: 4 New User

YEs it does!  Thank you!!!

• szgzs
    szgzs Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the spin 5 (actually the European model), and the local (Hungarian) acer support said that this machine is compatible with acer active stylus, you just have to download a software called Acer Hower Access. I don't have the pen yet, but I'm planning to buy it. Hope this helps.

• Hormone
    Hormone Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited December 2017
    szgzs said:

I have the spin 5 (actually the European model), and the local (Hungarian) acer support said that this machine is compatible with acer active stylus, you just have to download a software called Acer Hower Access. I don't have the pen yet, but I'm planning to buy it. Hope this helps.

Hey. Have you purchased a stylus yet? I have the same computer as you and so far every piece of info online I can find is saying "Spin 5 does not support styluses with pressure sensitivity" (like acer active stylus.) I would really appreciate if you could answer this question.