connecting to pc as a usb storage device

Options
seranata
seranata Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Attempting the above - select SUPPORT - DRIVERS AND MANUALS. Select tablet model and then DRIVER tab. but there seems NOT TO BE A DRIVER TAB  - help appreciated.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

which OS is installed on your PC?

windows xp - vista - 7 - 8 - 10?

Mac OS ?

which tablet model do you own?

by the way, normally you just need to plug your tablet using the USB cable to your computer, check if your tablet ask for connection permission or need to unlock the screen locker and wait drivers to install automatically.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • seranata
    seranata Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi there

Thanks for such promptness in replying.  Here are the details:

Tablet:    Acer Iconia A3

I'm just aware that what I thought to be a usb to usb cable is nothing of the sort - both ends being far too wide to plug into tablet or computer.  Back to the drawing board but thanks again - I'm a novice with a capital N.

Best wishes.

seranata

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

normally inside the tablet box, there's an USB cable suitable to connect tablet to any PC/laptop.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Jeffrey999
    Jeffrey999 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

I have a acer A1-811 and connected to my PC , win 8.1, and there was no message on the pc or tablet, so I looked at the manual for the acer tablet and it says you must download the driver to the pc from acer.  As has been said there is no driver on the acer website and my file manager on the PC does not recognise the tablet.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options

The driver was only needed for older OSes, post XP (or maybe Vista) don't require them.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jeffrey999
    Options

I am sure you'rer right, so  how do I make my PC see my tablet in file manager or how do I make my tablet see my PC in file manager?

• billsey
    Options

When you plug it in it should show up on the PC as either a USB drive or a media device. Sometimes the tablet/phone will give you a popup that asks which mode you want. If it's not doing that you might have a bad cable. Some cables are only for charging...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jeffrey999
    Options

THat's an intersting answer. I got a different cable and voilá my PC recognizes the tablet.  THank you very much

• billsey
    Options

Great! Glad you got it sorted. Smiley Happy