Please add keyboard backlight timeout setting! (E5-575G-53VG)

Options
2»

Comments

• Birder
    Birder Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I'm another "wish it would stay on" user. For what it's worth, the shift key also works to turn the light back on. But it's still annoying to have to squint to find it in the dark.
  • wolfy
    wolfy Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options

just got a switch 3 with the 8 serie cpu  and the back lightning goes of after 10 seconds or so would prefer it on all the time.

• AumShanti
    AumShanti Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Please Acer, i have Nitro 5 AN515-42. please allow the backlight to stay on while it is plugged into charger. thank you.
  • AMDKilla
    AMDKilla Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    AumShanti said:
    Please Acer, i have Nitro 5 AN515-42. please allow the backlight to stay on while it is plugged into charger. thank you.
    This is a bug in the latest BIOS revision (1.11), hopefully they will fix it soon

• harisali1989
    harisali1989 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Literally made an account to be another ticked off customer. Aspire 7. What in the world is the purpose of a backlit keyboard if it doesn't stay fricken on??? Anybody there to help?
  • wh0dunnit
    wh0dunnit Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I've recently purchased a swift 5 and am now obligated to post here. It's pretty disappointing to see that this feature is seemingly absent across all of Acer's laptops despite being requested for years.
  • YourReckoning
    YourReckoning Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Good news guys. They finally fixed it. Atleast for my Nitro 5 they fixed it. Just go to https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/support type in your notebook model number and download the latest BIOS (V1.13 for me). After that, there should be an option called "Keyboard Backlight Timeout" in your BIOS settings which should be enabled by default. Disable it and save settings. And you should be good to go. Thank me later.