Cloudbook 14 - ao1-431-c8g8 not connecting to WiFi

sharmar
sharmar Member Posts: 2 New User

Bought a Acer cloudbook 14 (ao1-431-c8g8). I skipped setting WiFi during initial setup. Later i saw my home wifi appear in the list. Entered the wrong passowrd furing my first try and it didn't connect. Ever since i don't see any WiFi connections to connect in Network connections. The Wifi symbol is displayed and says Wifi Available, but no names appear in the option to connect.

I have WRT54G router. With no Wifi connections displayed to connect i can't use this notebook as there is not ethernet adapter. 

Any help is appreciated. Worst case i would need to return it.

RS

Answers

• sharmar
    sharmar Member Posts: 2 New User

Took the cloudbook to work and was able to login to wireless. So whatever the issue is, its with the router/network at home.

Thanks for looking.

RS

• CheesecakeCG
    CheesecakeCG Member Posts: 5 New User

Is the WiFi connection spotty at work? Can you connect if you get really close to a router? I'm having the same problem, I think the C8G8 model may have a problem.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer

Did you configure the router yourself? If not, try turning your router & modem off for a few minutes. Then turn them back on. Then try cold-booting your cloudbook. Report back with results. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• CheesecakeCG
    CheesecakeCG Member Posts: 5 New User

It's almost certainly a signal issue with the laptop. I've tried it with many wireless networks all with the same results. This has been happening since a month after I got the laptop, and I've had to cold boot it many times for problems mostly relating to Windows 10 bugs. I've even tried the Ubuntu LiveCD with the same exact results. Also, I've tried running a hotspot from the laptop with the same results on the other end.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer

Did you configure the router yourself? Is it a dual band wifi router? Are the router bands set to specific rf channels or auto. Check these channel settings and report back. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ