Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Aspire ES1-132-C37M - Sata Cable?

dannysmith43dannysmith43 Posts: 3Member

Hello all!

I recently purchased an Acer Aspire ES1-132 series laptop on a black friday deal from Very.co.uk (a UK based retailer). It's a great little laptop but as usual with these laptops, it comes with 32GB eMMC and i'm finding it a litle bit tight.

http://acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/model/NX.GGLEK.001

The problem with the SD card reader is that it's very short, so a standard SD card pokes out quite a bit. I opened the bottom of the laptop to find space for a 2.5" drive but no SATA connection. There is what looks like a bespoke Acer connection type (I'm really hoping) which might be for converting to a standard SATA port (as I know Acer does do this). The problem is, there isn't much information abot this model, so it's impossible to find the right cable, if it even exists.

I've taken a couple of pictures and uploaded them to Onedrive, would anyone mind checking and letting know if I can add a SATA drive and if so, what cable I need.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Al6UYtaggE5ol1Y69-waNTgVJtVd

Thanks for your time!

Danny

Best Answer

• laurent_14laurent_14 Posts: 6,506 Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer

Hello,

I looked at your pictures. Yes you can install a HDD or SSD but you'll also need the other parts stated. About the HDD cable, you'll find it here for example.

FAQ & Answers