ES1-132 Sata port speed

wiiija
wiiija Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi all,

I've just sourced the needed cable to install an SSD into the ES1-132 laptop but before I splash out on the SSD I'd like to know what speed the sata port actually is so I don't overspend on an all singing all dancing one if its speed is going to be limited by the port. I've searched high and low for technical specs for the ornith_ap motherboard but I found nothing!

Many thanks

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    SATA 3 supports up to 600MB/s.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    SATA 3 supports up to 600MB/s.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ZeroZero
    ZeroZero Member Posts: 5 New User
    Could you post the source the cable for this acer (acer ES1-132) as I am having trouble finding it.
    Even a name for the connectors would be good
  • Tmzdroid
    Tmzdroid Member Posts: 88 Fixer WiFi Icon
    So I did the ssd mod a while back now and its all good. Its well worth spending £20 on the sata cable 2.5 inch drives are cheap enough and its nice not having to worry about storage limitations. I will post some photos showing how to fit the cable and drive if anyone is interested.
  • Tmzdroid
    ZeroZero said:
    Could you post the source the cable for this acer (acer ES1-132) as I am having trouble finding it.
    Even a name for the connectors would be good

Did you find the cable ok?
  • cre8v
    cre8v Member Posts: 4 New User
    Tmzdroid said:

please would you post pictures of how to do this? As a beginner I have no idea where to start :-(
  • Tmzdroid
    Ok  remove the small panel underneath (6 screws) then simply attach the connector to the motherboard and route the cable to the empty hdd bay. I didnt use the optional caddy i just stuck some foam tape on the ssd for a tight fit.
  • NizzyTizzy
    NizzyTizzy Member Posts: 3 New User
    So i upgraded my boys PS4 and took the HDD out and want to put it in his laptop, so came across this thread and hoping someone could help me out with what i would need.
    The HDD doesn't fit to be able to screw down so i'm guessing i need some sort of caddie maybe?
    If this was a pc then i'll have no issues but i really hate laptops lol.
  • Jeffwardo
    Jeffwardo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, help, I've bought the correct cable and installed an SSD as shown above but it's not showing up in storage? I was given a (new) 480gb unit, is this to big? Any advice, model is ES1-132-C06L.
  • Tmzdroid
    Does the new drive show up in the bios?