How to update my Iconia A3-A20 to Android 5.1

Options
sdwainb
sdwainb Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

I'm trying to find information about how to update my Iconia A3-A20 to Android 5.1

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

Sorry but unfortunately Acer is not offering an operating system upgrade for the A3-A20 tablet.

• sdwainb
    sdwainb Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

That is unfortunate that they are leaving this awesome tablet behind.  Thanks for confirming that this is what I have to deal with.

Dwain

• Scubaguy
    Scubaguy Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    I'm a victim of an a3-a20 also. I've thought this is the greatest tablet. I wondered why people pay so much for other brands. I'm a long time advocate of acer products. Laptops netbook desktop... And now I'm stuck with a tablet that just passed 3 years old with Android 4, while 8 is now available.

Apple, Microsoft etc always provide a 5 year horizon for support. Just passing 3 years I'm 4 levels of OS behind, and can't get latest apps. I can't download on Netflix. Yahoo mail crawls slowly. Absolutely pathetic.

If this is a ploy to get people to buy the latest product, then I will, but it won't be acer - ever again. Stand up and start treating your customers properly. Provide upgrades for the a3-a20, which is more than capable of running them.

5 years is considered 'reasonable and customary' by industry standard. If that sounds like legal terminology... It should.
This discussion has been closed.