Predator G1-710 nvidia geforce gtx 1080 shuts off

outcast1010
outcast1010 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Hey, so I bought my computer in august and when I started to play games the card would overheat and would shut off and the fan would start blowing. I posted in different forums and they said it might be the drivers, and someone also recomended I get msi. So I did all that and everything was fine...for like an hour and then it shut down again, and the thing wasn't even hot.

I don't know what to do anymore, the computer is new and there should be nothing wrong with it, I'm kinda bummed out because it's my first Pc.

[inappropriate content removed]

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Since your PC is still under warranty, i strongly suggest you to contac your seller or Acer support service and let them service it.

This kind of issue, it's very hard to diagnose without having the PC on hands.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • outcast1010
    outcast1010 Member Posts: 3 New User

I tried with acer support and they gave me a number to call and the number didn't work at all, it made the sound of dialup when I called. I wanna send it into get fixed but I don't know how to

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,339 Community Administrator

Hi @outcast1010,

I'm sorry that you're having issues with your G1-710 desktop.  The number for US Support is 866-695-2237.  If you still have issues contacting support, please send me a PM with the Serial Number of the unit so that I can look into this for you.

• Maxwell1212
    Maxwell1212 Member Posts: 1 New User
    hi,guy. Is your problem solved? I have the same problem in my G1-710 desktop. could you help me?  @Acer-Jose