Can't clean install from USB/DVD windows 10 x64 on brand new SSD on Aspire V3-772G

BG1
BG1 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello everyone,

After some reading and research I decided to ask you for help, because I can't ger trough this problem by myself.

I have a V3-772g laptop and I have used it with windows 8.1 since and not a single problem what so ever.

A few days earlier I have bought a brand new 240GB SSD and I decided to try how it would be with windows 10.
The problem that I am experiencing is that I can't boot windows 10 x64 fron USB or DVD.
I have switched the bios to legacy boot, have made the USB hdd first boot device and after that the DVD/CD drive but every time when it try to boot the instalation screen of the windows 10 I see for a second the logo of the windows, after that black screen with a flashing "-" in the upper left corner and after not more that 10 seconds I get a orange screen with some kind of vertical stripers. After some research I find out that this is a BitLocker screen and because there are some fonts problems in some computers it does not displays it correctly and you are seeing this orange think...but how can I get such a screen when I haven't activated it and moreover I am trying to intall windows 10 on a brand new SDD drive. With windows 8.1 x64 I can make a clean copy without any problems and I can boot it from usb/dvd and I am pretty sure that if I make a bootable SD card and put it the card reader I could boot even from there if the boot device options recognized it.

I have the latest bios for the laptop (Ver 1.15)...Have tried with 3 different USB drives and in every USB port just to be sure...I have made the USBs bootable with Rufus and with the Windows tool...and I haven't found someone with a similar problem like mine...

Just one more think to include...when I am on that "orange" screen with stripes...the computer is not "dead" ...it is responsive and when I hit enter for example I see a black screen for a less then a second and after that again the orange screen.

Thanks in advance for everyone's suggestions and clues that I am about to receive in order to understand and get over this strange problem.

Best wishes.

P.S. - These days I will try to make a UEFI boot of windows 10 to see if this will solve the case...I really don't know the difference and did not see the need to educate myself because till now I have always used Legacy boot options and etc.

Best Answer

• BG1
    Answer ✓

Hello everyone,

It seems that this problem had to be solved all by myself.

The only logical explanation after all the testing and trying and failing was to try in UEFI. In the begining after switching to UEFI I had again problems with the exact formating and etc. of the USB. Finaly I downloaded a microsoft tool from their official site which automaticaly downloads a windows 10 image and makes the USB bootable by itself and whitout me having to choose from any options. The only think that I had to choose is between a 64bit/32bit or both and of course what type of windows 10 (Pro, Home, Enterprice).

This problem was a hole new experience for me and I am veрy happy that my acer is working fine now with windows 10 Pro x64.

Answers

• BG1
    Answer ✓

Hello everyone,

It seems that this problem had to be solved all by myself.

The only logical explanation after all the testing and trying and failing was to try in UEFI. In the begining after switching to UEFI I had again problems with the exact formating and etc. of the USB. Finaly I downloaded a microsoft tool from their official site which automaticaly downloads a windows 10 image and makes the USB bootable by itself and whitout me having to choose from any options. The only think that I had to choose is between a 64bit/32bit or both and of course what type of windows 10 (Pro, Home, Enterprice).

This problem was a hole new experience for me and I am veрy happy that my acer is working fine now with windows 10 Pro x64.