C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CMD.EXE

precious
precious Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives

Hello

Im having some trouble with my laptop and Im getting a message that says

Can not open c:\ProgramData\acer\updater2\updater2.xml My computor is a  (Sony) VAIO E Series and I upgraded to windows 10 and have been having problems since then. Microsoft community told me to check with you all maybe you would have a solution. It also say's that The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service is not started, so I dont know if it has anything to do with the above problem or not, I am really hoping you can help me.

Thank you,

Charlotte Hall

Answers

• Permidion
    Permidion Member Posts: 3 New User

mmm, why do you have an Acer updater program installed on a Sony VAIO laptop?

that seems very weird.

did you install that updater yourself ? if so, why?

"The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service is not started" may or may not be linked.

to know the cause of your "The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service is not started" problem, open the task manager, go to the "service" tab and find the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" in the list (in the "Description" column, it's "BITS" in the "Name" column),

then try to start it manually (right clic, "start service").

If the service start and stay started, all fine,

otherwise, now open "Event Viewer" and look in the various subfolder in the "Windows Logs" folder and see if you can find a log with the time indicating it was just created, the ""The Background Intelligent Transfer Service" failing to start should have crated a log, with hopefully some information about why it failed.

once you have that info, you can search the net or come back here.

24506624420 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Administrator:x:\windows\system32\cmd.exe